This easy Lightened Up Taco Dip has all of the flavor you love with a lot less of the fat and calories you don’t! Quick whip it up for your next game day party!
Another work week is coming to an end, which means we’re another week closer to the Super Bowl. Whether or not you’re excited for the game, you are sure to be excited about the food that appears that weekend.
Dips, wings, desserts, etc. will all be showcased that Sunday. Since so much calorie laden food makes its way to parties, why not bring something a little lighter? Like lightened up taco dip!
This lightened up taco dip doesn’t have the full fat sour cream, loads of cheese, and refried beans that other taco dips contain. But don’t worry, there’s still loads of flavor! Reduced fat cream cheese and yogurt (or reduced fat sour cream if you want) keep it creamy.
Salsa, black beans, two types of peppers, a bit of cheese, and a smattering of diced avocado add the flavor of that you expect in a taco dip. You won’t even miss the extra fat.
Plus, you’ll feel better knowing that there is at least one option at the party that is somewhat healthy!
- 8 oz ⅓ of the fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ C plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 C salsa of your choice
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 C shredded lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ C red and green peppers, diced
- ½ C black beans
- ½ C reduced fat shredded cheese (I used a blend of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅓ C crushed tortilla chips
- Mix with a blender or by hand the cream cheese, yogurt/sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning until well-combined.
- Spread in the bottom of medium-sized dish, such as a 9x9 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, black beans, and cheese. (Keep refrigerated if preparing ahead of time.) Garnish with avocados and crushed tortilla chips right before serving.