It’s been one whole month since A Kitchen Addiction has been up! Thank you to all who leave encouraging comments and e-mails!! They are much appreciated and I feel like I am starting to get to know a little bit about some of you. 🙂 That’s a good reason to celebrate with some yummy cupcakes! 🙂
|Rich, thick frosting!|
I’ve been wanting to try out this recipe for awhile and today is the perfect excuse! These cupcakes are made with non-fat yogurt and whole wheat flour making it possible to “indulge” without feeling guilty! So enjoy some Chocolate Graham Cupcakes with Honey-Drizzled Peanut Butter Frosting! 🙂
|Light, fluffy frosting!|
Chocolate-Graham Cupcakes with Honey-Drizzled Peanut Butter FrostingPin It
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- For the Cake
- 1 C non-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C sugar substitute
- 1/2 C fat-free plain yogurt or canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder (add 2 tbsp if you want a rich chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the Frosting
- 1/2 C natural no-stir creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 C + 1 tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Splenda or other sugar substitute (or more if you prefer your frosting sweeter)
- pinch of salt
- honey to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix together milk, sugar, sugar substitute, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Beat for 30 seconds.
- Sift in the flours, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix together until no lumps remain.
- Fold in graham cracker crumbs until combined.
- Spoon cupcake batter into muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool while you make the frosting.
- Stir together the peanut butter, yogurt, vanilla, sugar substitute, and salt until well combined and the yogurt and peanut butter are completely blended.
- If you prefer to have a lighter, fluffier frosting you can frost the cupcakes once they are cool using a spoon. If you would like a richer, more dense frosting, place frosting in refrigerator until cold, then pipe onto cupcake in a thin layer.
- Drizzle lightly with honey right before serving.
- Because of the yogurt in the frosting, these cupcake will need to be refrigerated to keep fresh.