There are few things better than a big bowl of piping hot soup on a cold, blustery day. This is especially true of creamy soups loaded with meat, vegetables, and lots of flavor that fill you up. This chicken corn chowder meets all of those qualifications. Plus, it’s made in the crock pot so you can have the tantalizing aroma of the chowder filling your house all day!
This chicken corn chowder is filled with more than just chicken and corn. It is also full of potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic. Oh, and it’s topped with cheese, lots of cheese, because corn chowder must have cheese! This chowder quickly became one of our favorites to make not only because it tastes great, but also because it’s easy to make and we usually have all of the ingredients on hand to make it.
Notes: This recipe makes a big batch of chowder making it perfect for having leftovers the next day. It also freezes well if you want to stick some in the freezer for a meal later in the week. Since it’s just the two of us, we have frozen the chowder up to a month, and it’s still reheats to a nice, creamy chowder.
Yield: approx. 6 quarts
- 3 C homemade cream of celery/mushroom or 2 (10.5 oz) cans reduced-sodium, reduced-fat cream of celery/mushroom condensed soups
- 2 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 C frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (14 oz) cans cream-style corn
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 C diced potatoes with skin on
- 1 1/2 C carrots, shredded
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese, for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 6 quart crock pot, stir together soups and broth until blended. Add in corn, chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic. Stir until well-combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or high 3-4 hours) or until vegetables are tender. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, stir in parsley and evaporated milk.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
Like this recipe? Follow A Kitchen Addiction on Facebook for more!