So, we have been consuming loads of lettuce salads in an attempt to fill ourselves without melting. However, as much as I love a good salad, sometimes I really want something more hearty. Something that tastes like I went to a lot of work to make it but actually didn’t.
- 2 C uncooked whole grain pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely minced
- 1 1/2 C chunky salsa of your choice
- 1 C frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 C green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 C red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 C cooked black beans
- 1/4 C red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 C reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package. Remove from heat. Drain and cover.
- While pasta is cooking, drizzle olive oil in large skillet. Add chicken and season with salt, onion powder, black pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until slightly pink, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, corn, peppers, black beans, onion, and cheese. Bring to boil and simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture and stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken before serving.