Before I profess my love for this pizza, I thought I would let those of you who asked know that the Snow Cone Cupcakes won their category and were best in show. Check out my cool ribbons! 😉
Anyways, on to the amazing pizza. We eat lots of pizza and with all kinds of toppings. The one thing they all have in common, is the crust. I love this crust. SO easy!
No kneading, no rising, and only 5 minutes of waiting. I can make the dough in 10 minutes. Yes, just 10 minutes. That means I can decide at the last minute that I want pizza and not wait forever for the finished product! Throw the ingredients together in your mixer and let it work for you!
Perfect for busy weeknights or lazy ones or really any time. It’s the perfect start to any flavor pizza. One of my favorites is this barbecue chicken pizza. The combination of slightly sweet barbecue sauce mixed with the heat of the jalapeno peppers and the cheesiness of a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar is perfection. Oh and the smell of the pizza baking. . .definitely makes your mouth water! Good thing it only takes 15 minutes to bake!
So give this a try sometime this weekend! Have a great one!
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C warm water
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 C + 2 tbsp barbecue sauce, separated
- 2 tbsp red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 C reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flours, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add in water and oil. Beat until dough forms. Switch out paddle to a dough hook. Beat until dough is smooth. Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, drizzle a little olive oil and add chicken and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until no longer pink. Drain excess liquid. Stir in 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce until chicken is coated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out dough on a lightly covered surface to a 14 inch round. Transfer dough to a pizza stone or pan. Spread 1/3 cup barbecue sauce over the top. Spoon on chicken. Sprinkle on mozzarella. Add onions and jalapeno. Spread cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese starts to turn light golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.