These Mini Peppermint Meringue Cookies are little melt-in-your-mouth cookies that are filled with peppermint extract and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies!
Just as the last few years have been, this year is all about easy recipes that can make the holidays more fun and festive.
Whether you’re looking for something to make for your family or to give as a gift, these Mini Peppermint Meringue Cookies fit both the easy and the fun and festive requirement!
Based off of our Lemon Meringue Kiss Cookies, these mini peppermint meringues are a festive Christmas-y treat that are super easy to make and fun to eat!
I’ve seen the mini peppermint meringues at Trader Joe’s the past couple of years and always think to myself that I should make them at home. Well, I’ve finally gotten around to doing it.
Just like our other meringue recipes, this one just requires a handful of ingredients and some simple prep work. The bake time is the longest part of the whole process, but you can easily work on other things while the meringues are cooking (Or take a few minutes to just sit!).
The peppermint flavor comes through in both the extract and the sprinkling of crushed peppermint candies sprinkled on top. The result is a light, airy peppermint candy that melts in your mouth.
It’s hard to not walk by the container holding these meringues without grabbing a few!
Tips for Making Mini Peppermint Meringue Cookies
- Use finely crushed peppermint candies. Larger pieces of peppermint will not work as well for these mini meringues.
- If your oven does not allow for both pans to be on the same middle rack, make sure to rotate your pans top to bottom halfway through the bake time for even cooking.
- Make sure to store these cookies in an airtight container. They will get sticky/soggy if your house is humid.
More Meringue Recipes to Try!
- Lemon Meringue Kiss Cookies
- Raspberry Meringue Bark
- Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies — Once Upon A Chef
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g