We are all excited for her as she is expecting her first child, a sweet baby girl!
Since we can’t all be together to celebrate (and eat delicious food!) in person, we’re doing the next best thing. All of us are sharing a pink treat perfect for a baby shower!
My mind instantly went to the fun pink color that strawberries make desserts. Since it’s finally starting to warm up, I’ve had strawberry lemonade on my mind and wanted to create that flavor in a dessert.
These strawberry lemonade frosted sugar cookie bars were just that dessert. Thick, chewy sugar cookie bars are topped with a thick layer of fresh strawberry lemon buttercream frosting.
The frosting gets its fresh flavor from pureed strawberries, lemon zest, and lemon juice. The combination tastes like summer-y, sweet strawberry lemonade.
A fun, festive flavor for a spring party or gathering!
In keeping with the party theme, I cut the cookie bars into small, bite-size pieces. If you don’t want such thick layers of cookie and frosting, you can easier make these in a 9×13 inch pan. Just make sure to check on the cookie layer when it’s baking a few minutes early.
However you make them, these strawberry lemonade frosted sugar cookie bars won’t last long!
- ½ C butter, room temperature
- ¾ C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C butter
- 2½ - 3 C confectioner's sugar
- ⅓ C finely chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Spread dough in the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While bars are cooling, prepare frosting. Beat together butter and confectioner's sugar. Add in strawberries. Beat until strawberries break down and frosting thins a bit. Add in lemon juice and lemon zest. Beat until combined and creamy. (You can add in more confectioner's sugar at this time if you prefer a thicker frosting)
Please join in on this virtual baby shower celebration by visiting the rest of these blogs for more baby shower treats!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen