This ice cream is light and loaded with flavors of a snickerdoodle cookie. I used a lot of cinnamon because I love the stuff, if you are not such a huge fan, you may want to decrease the amounts slightly. The richness of the half & half and the sweetened condensed milk give the allusion of the rich, buttery flavor of the actual cookie. And as always, one of the best parts (along with it tasting amazing) is that it is really easy to make. So go ahead and try it! I bet you have most of the ingredients in your cupboards right now!
- For the Cookie Dough
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon (a little less if you don’t like a lot of spice)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp non-fat milk
- For the Ice Cream
- 2 C fat-free half & half, chilled
- 1 (14 oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon (a little less if you don’t like a lot of spice)
- Stir together flour, sugar, sugar substitute, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Add in butter, vanilla, and milk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Form dough into 1/4 – 1/2 inch balls. (I made half small and half larger to distribute the flavor but also have big bites of cookie dough!) Place cookie dough bites in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer until ready to add to the ice cream.
- Whisk together half & half and sweetened condensed milk. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add to milk mixture and whisk to thoroughly combine. Pour in ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Five minutes before the finishing time or when ice cream is soft set, add the cookie dough bites and allow machine to finish churning.
- Serve immediately! 🙂
This recipe is linked with Cast Party Wednesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Heavenly Treats, Martha Mondays, Mop It Up Mondays, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff, Talent Show Tuesday, Thursday Treasures, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Weekend Potluck, What’s in the Gunny Sack, and What’s Shakin Link Party.