This week’s recipe that goes along with our Healthy Habit couldn’t really be any easier! This time instead of you doing all of the work, your bread machine does it! I have a BREADMAN convection machine and it works wonderfully for me. My husband and I love fresh bread and this guy does most of the work for me making it possible for us to enjoy fresh bread on a regular basis.
This whole wheat sandwich bread is perfect for both those who already enjoy whole wheat and those who are still skeptics. Good plain, toasted, with pb&j, or however else you like your bread! It is moist, smooth and hearty. Plus, it provides a wonderful aroma to fill your house throughout the baking process! 🙂
Make a loaf this weekend and you’ll have fresh, healthy bread for school lunches. And this week you can bring your lunch to work, too!
|Fresh from the oven and ready to be eaten!|
|Mmm. . .a nice thick slice with honey. . .|
Simple Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread Pin It
Yield: 1 – 1.5 lb loaf
- 1 C + 3 tbsp buttermilk (80 degrees F)
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 C whole wheat flour (If you want a heartier bread, feel free to experiment with adding flaxseed or oat/wheat bran. This recipe adapts nicely to add-ins.)
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast (If you are using a rapid rise cycle, use 2 1/2 tsp yeast)
- Place ingredients into machine according to the instructions for your specific machine.
- Use the Whole Wheat setting and set the size to 1.5 lbs.
- Start and let the machine do the work!
- When the machine beeps, take out the bread, inhale deeply :), and enjoy!