These Peanut Butter S’mores Seven Layer Bars have all of the flavor of a gooey s’more with the irresistible addition of peanut butter! Sweet and salty graham cracker crust and pieces, combined with toasted marshmallows, a layer of gooey peanut butter, and pockets of melty chocolate!
Last year we made these S’mores Seven Layer Bars, and they quickly became a favorite with both our family and from the number of emails from you guys, your families! But we got to thinking, it might be possible to make them even better.
Add peanut butter! My husband, who doesn’t like chocolate, likes his s’mores with Reese’s peanut butter cups so he gets more of the peanut butter flavor and just a hint of chocolate.
So why not make s’mores seven layer bars that have both peanut butter and peanut butter chips to combine with the Hershey’s pieces to give you that peanut butter cup combo!
They ended up just as we were hoping they would! Imagine making a melty s’more with a giant marshmallow and a peanut butter cup. That’s what you have here! In bar form!
To accomplish the flavor, we whisked peanut butter into the sweetened condensed milk. We also swapped out semi-sweet chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
We then used more milk chocolate candy bar pieces. And as much as I prefer almost any other chocolate over milk chocolate, I loved the result!
Sweet and salty graham cracker crust and pieces, combined with toasted marshmallows, a layer of gooey peanut butter, and pockets of melty chocolate! Rich, decadent summer dessert bar perfection!
- 2½ C graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ C butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 C peanut butter chips
- 1 C broken graham cracker pieces
- 2 (1.55 oz) chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until combined. Spread over the top of the graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle half of marshmallows, all of the peanut butter chips, and graham crackers pieces over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining marshmallows. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows are browned and edges are golden.
- Remove from oven to a cooling rack and place chocolate pieces on top. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving. Bars will still be gooey but will hold together. For best results, allow to cool completely.