You all know my love for oatmeal cookies. Raisins, chocolate chips, honey, peanut butter, white chocolate chips. . .it doesn’t matter what you put in them.
I’ve already incorporated this favorite combination of mine into scones, and because I want to eat it for breakfast more often, I decided that it was about time that my pancakes were made to taste like my favorite cookie!
Think oatmeal cookie in the form of a big, fluffy pancake that doesn’t have nearly the same amount of butter and sugar as its original form.
Plus, you get to eat it anytime of the day, because it is perfectly acceptable to eat breakfast food all throughout the day.
You really can’t go wrong with these pancakes! They are full of the flavors that you would expect to find in an oatmeal raisin cookie: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and, of course, raisins!
Remember the peanut butter syrup from these Banana Bread Pancakes? Well, it goes really well on top of these oatmeal cookie pancakes!
Especially if you take out the cinnamon and raisins and throw in some chocolate chips instead. They taste just like peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup quick oats
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 Cup non-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- chocolate chips, raisins, butterscotch chips, optional for stirring in or for topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, baking power, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Bring a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 C of batter onto hot skillet. Using measuring cup, lightly spread out batter in a circular form. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 785mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator and may not always be accurate. It should not be considered a substitute for a medical professional’s advice.