This time of year just calls for warm, creamy noodle dishes. The cold, snow, wind, and cloudy days often have us reaching for comfort without even thinking twice! (Well, at least my first thought isn’t to dig into a plate of lettuce!)
Some dishes leave you feeling like you ate way more than you should have even if you just had one serving. Not this lemony chicken and chives noodle skillet. Light, bright lemony sauce coats whole grain noodles and shredded chicken to give you a new comfort food favorite!
I started my dish by cooking up half a bag of No Yolks® noodles. They have become my go-to noodle since first being introduced to them last year. No Yolks® noodles are cholesterol free noodles that are always smooth, firm, and delicious.
They always cook up right so you don’t have to worry about soggy noodles ruining your dish! They now come in a whole grain variety that I am excited about since I try to incorporate whole grains into my diet as much as possible.
A simple white sauce coats the whole grain No Yolks® noodles and is flavored with lemon juice and zest, onion, garlic, and chives. Since all comfort food is better with cheese (okay, maybe not all!), grated parmesan is stirred in right at the end and sprinkled on top when serving. To up the protein in this dish, I added in some shredded chicken.
The best part about this dish, besides the delicious combination of flavors, is that you can have this on the table in less than 30 minutes! Warm, hearty comfort food in 30 minutes. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Give No Yolks® Noodles a try for yourself! Grab a coupon and go pick some up today! Get more inspiration for cooking with egg noodles by checking out these 12 Family-Favorite, comforting No Yolks® noodle recipes!
- 1/2 of a 12 oz package No Yolks<sup>®</sup> Whole Grain Extra Broad Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 C half and half or whole milk
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 C chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 C shredded chicken, rotisserie chicken works well
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and cook until garlic just starts to brown.
- Stir in milk and lemon juice. Whisk in flour. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cheese, chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in pasta and chicken and cook until heated through.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and lemon zest, if desired.
To help you create your own No Yolks® noodle dish, No Yolks® and BlogHer are giving away one (1) $100 Visa Gift Card to one (1) lucky reader! What’s your favorite No Yolks® comfort food? Tell me in the comments below for your chance to win a $100 VISA gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/26/15 – 2/28/15
Be sure to visit the No Yolks brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!