It’s Monday again! I hope you all had a great weekend! We did! We had absolutely nothing planned and it was amazing! 🙂 We even got to spend time outside without blowing over or having a thunderstorm ruin our plans. We also made and consumed these blueberry lemon donuts with lemon glaze! I’d have to say that these were an added bonus to an already great weekend! 😉
Blueberries have been on sale around here, and I’ve wanted to try blueberry donuts for a while now. This weekend was the perfect opportunity. The donut base is the same as my Strawberry Baked Mini Donuts with Strawberry-Lime Glaze with the addition of lemon juice and blueberries.
- For the Donuts
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 C granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 C honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 C non-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C blueberries, halved
- For the Glaze
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flours, sugar substitute, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, lemon juice, buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well-combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Using a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the end cut off, pipe the batter into the donut pan. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until donuts start to turn light golden brown. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While donuts are cooling, stir together glaze ingredients until smooth in a small bowl. Dip cooled donuts in glaze and allow to harden.
- Grab a big glass of milk, cup of coffee, or cup of tea. Consume lots of donuts. If any remain, store in a loosely covered container. 🙂