These bars were made out of necessity. 🙂 I had to do something with the coconut that was left over from my Easter baking. I couldn’t just let it dry out or let it sit on the shelf until I forgot about it and it dried out! So, I made these. 🙂
Yum, dark chocolate and coconut! Next time I’m going to try toasting the coconut first to bring out more of the coconut flavor.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from: browneyedbaker
Yield: 16 bars
- 1 C white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 4 tbsp plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 C granular sugar substitute
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour an 8×8 pan.
- Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- Stir together the melted butter, yogurt, sugar substitute, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture until blended, then stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth out with rubber spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set but still soft.