I know this isn’t true for a lot of people, but one of my favorite things to do after a long week is get in the kitchen and bake something. It’s relaxing. I love the process of baking with fresh, seasonal fruits and the smells that come from the oven as the food bakes. I especially like pulling the food from the oven and digging in! For me, life is good in the kitchen.
Want to know what makes life even better in the kitchen? Good appliances. Trust me. I currently am renting a house that doesn’t have good appliances. What I need are some LG appliances. LG Home Appliances are your partner in creating enjoyable cooking experiences and life’s good moments in The Kitchen. Have you seen the new show “The Kitchen” on the Food Network? The kitchen is fully loaded with LG appliances. Katie Lee stars in the show and other LG videos that feature the LG Door-in-Door™ refrigerator. Have you seen it yet? I love the space and organization that it offers.
You think it looks great too? You have the chance to win one of your very own! Head on over to LG’s Facebook page and enter the “Caption This” contest!
While you wait to see if you won, make a batch of these blueberry peach streusel bars. A layer of streusel is pressed into the bottom of a pan, topped with a mixture of fresh blueberries and peaches, and then topped with another layer of streusel. You won’t regret having a buttery, oat bar filled with sweet, fresh fruit!
- 1½ C fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¾ C white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- ¾ C quick oats
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- In a large bowl, gently stir together peaches, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of oat mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread fruit over the top. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until streusel just starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm.
LG Home Appliances are your partner in creating memorable cooking experiences and “Life’s Good” moments in the kitchen.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of LG. The opinions and text are all mine.