These Swirled Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars with a Gingersnap Crust are rich, creamy and filled with warm pumpkin pie spices!
It’s been weirdly warm around here lately. Not that I’m complaining. It’s just hard to remember that Thanksgiving is coming up when it’s in the mid to upper 60’s outside in MN! I’m still in the mood for ice cream and fresh fruit! But after looking at the calendar, I realized that I should probably start thinking about my Thanksgiving menu.
Last year we couldn’t decide if we wanted pumpkin pie or cheesecake for dessert so we went with a pumpkin pie cheesecake! These swirled pumpkin pie cheesecake bars with gingersnap crust are a twist on that cheesecake.
These rich, creamy cheesecake bars are the perfect way to enjoy cheesecake without going through the effort and baking time of making an actual cheesecake. Unlike some pumpkin desserts, these pumpkin pie cheesecake bars have an authentic pumpkin flavor. Not only are there pumpkin pie spices used, but there is also an entire can of pumpkin puree in the cheesecake!
What makes these bars even better is the gingersnap crust. Instead of a classic graham cracker crust, these bars use crushed gingersnaps mixed with a bit of melted butter to add even more flavor!
They are also really easy to make! With only around 20 minutes of prep work, you can have these baked and cooling while you work on getting the rest of the meal together. These also are a perfect dessert to make the day before and have ready to serve for Thanksgiving dessert!
- 2 C crushed gingersnaps
- ¼ C melted butter
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (1/3 of the fat or regular), softened
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed gingersnaps and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugars, and flour until creamy. Remove ¾ cup of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract to remaining mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in spices until combined.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over the top of the crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture. Drop mixture by spoonful over pumpkin mixture. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture through the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top starts to brown and the center isn't set, cover with aluminum foil to prevent further browning.
- Remove to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before placing in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until completely cooled.