This Cilantro Lime Chicken with Rice Skillet is fresh, flavorful, and ready in 30 minutes!
This week marks the official start of spring. That means warm weather and sun is coming! However, it won’t be around to stay for awhile here in Minnesota. Even though it was in the 50’s yesterday, it’s only supposed to get in the 30’s today. That’s MN weather for you.
So, while we look forward to warmer weather and all of the fresh produce that will come with it, we’re still looking for comfort food on these chilly evenings.
Like this cilantro lime chicken with rice skillet. Not only is it super easy and full of fresh flavor, but this skillet meal is also hearty and healthy. Think of it as spring comfort food!
And with this skillet meal, you can cook it right up in the same dish as everything else. The fewer the dishes the better in my book!
Cook some chicken, stir in the liquid and rice, and then add in a hearty serving of spinach, parmesan, cilantro, and fresh lime zest! That’s all it takes to get this skillet meal on the table. Then you can sit down and enjoy some hearty, spring comfort food!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ C onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (mixed with 1 tablespoon cool water)
- 1¼ C low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1½ C instant brown rice
- 1½ C baby spinach
- ½ C fresh grated/shredded Parmesan cheese**
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime zest
- In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until chicken is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in chicken broth, lime juice, salt, pepper, and rice. Cover and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Stir in spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, cilantro, and lime zest. Cover, remove from heat, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and fluff mixture with a fork. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and cilantro, if desired.
The Microplane also works great to zest your limes!
This post contains affiliate links.